Do you have an eye for fashion? Scout & Molly’s provides the opportunity to combine your passion for fashion and entrepreneurship in an excellent franchise opportunity! A few of the frequently asked questions are:
1. What upfront investment is required?
In addition to the $50,000 Franchise Fee, there are the costs associated with the initial set up, inventory, furniture, fixtures, equipment, technology and more. Total Estimated Single Unit Investment: $208,300 to $244,750 (includes $25,000 working capital).
2. What ongoing fees are required?
Royalty Fee: You will pay a continuing monthly Royalty Fee during the Term equal to 5-6% of gross revenue. Advertising Budget: 1% of gross revenue for national advertising campaigns.
3. What Return On Investment (ROI) can I expect?
Our employees or salespeople are not permitted to furnish any oral or written information concerning actual or potential sales. Actual results vary from location to location and we cannot estimate the results of any particular franchise. We encourage you to review the Item 19 of our Franchise Disclosure Document for additional information on the Financial Performance Representation.
4. How quickly can I expect the return on my investment to begin?
On average, it will take 6-9 months from the time you are awarded a Scout & Molly’s license to the time you open. In most cases, how well you follow the grand opening and on-going marketing plan provided by Scout & Molly’s determines how quickly you achieve your desired ROI.
5. How many employees do I need?
You can start with as few as 5 to 6 part time associates along with one full time manager (or you can be the manager). Scout & Molly’s can be a semi-absentee model or you can become an owner-operator.
6. What type of facility do I need?
We prefer 1200 square feet locations in a high traffic, high visibility shopping center. This square footage will allow for adequate room for clothing and accessory displays, dressing rooms and a small storage area.
7. What type of experience do I need?
People skills and management skills are preferred. Previous retail experience is not required.
8. How long has Scout & Molly’s been in business?
Why haven’t I heard of you before? Scout & Molly’s has been a popular boutique destination in the Raleigh, NC market since Spring 2002. The Scout & Molly’s brand was fresh and people quickly caught on. Customers started to mention they wished they could open their own Scout & Molly’s so we took the next step and started franchising the business so that others could enjoy the unique shopping experience that Scout & Molly’s delivers.
9. How much training will I receive?
Scout & Molly’s provides six days of initial training. You will be taught the Scout & Molly’s merchandise modules, inventory control and ordering procedures, marketing programs, Point of Sale systems and other store operations. On-going training and conference calls, site visits and conferences will be conducted as needed.
10. How much support will I receive after the initial training, and specifically, how does Scout & Molly’s support my business?
Scout & Molly’s provides you with all the essential training needed to smoothly launch and celebrate your grand opening and post opening operations. All Scout & Molly’s owners will have on-going support for marketing needs, inventory and buying programs, manager training and technology support.
11. What are the benefits of owning my own Scout & Molly’s Franchise?
– Semi-absentee business model (you can keep your current job) or owner/manager (full time)
– Make a difference in your community
– Unique and different fashion lines not found in other stores
– Comprehensive marketing program
– Small staff model
– Excellent hours of operation
– Multi-unit opportunity
– Strong Return on Investment (ROI)
– Access to your own personal 1,200 square foot closet!!!
12. What are the key drivers of the business – the key skills needed?
As much fun and as exciting as the Scout & Molly’s Franchise opportunity is, it is certainly not for everyone. Scout & Molly’s is looking for energetic owners who have strong people skills. Following the Scout & Molly’s Franchise system is imperative to success.
13. What is our competitive differentiation?
How are we better than the others? Scout & Molly’s is described as vintage chic and this vibe is carried throughout the interior of our stores but also spills out onto the sidewalks (where applicable). The lines of clothing that we carry are unique and rarely found in other stores in your market. Boutiques are chic – people value the personalized service and attention they receive, the cozy ambiance and the unique merchandise that only a Scout & Molly’s can offer.
14. Will I receive a protected territory?
Yes, you will receive a protected territory.
15. What will cause my Scout & Molly’s Franchise business to grow quickly?
Aggressive advertising, regular community outreach activities, sales, marketing and private parties will build a positive, stable business. In addition, following the proven systems provided by Scout & Molly’s will expedite success.
16. How do I get started?
Complete the Online Request for Information Packet. When you have received your information packet, fill out the Franchise Application and return it to Scout & Molly’s via fax (919) 303-6191, or e-mail to email@example.com. Upon receipt of your application, we will contact you and send you a Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) to continue the franchising process. If there continues to be mutual interest, we will invite you to the corporate office for a Discovery Day visit.